nanog mailing list archives

Re: Where's my FedEx package (Washington DC saturday)

From: John Fraizer <nanog () EnterZone Net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 03:20:11 -0500 (EST)

On 19 Jan 2001, Sean Donelan wrote:

If you are expecting a FedEx package in Washington DC on Saturday (e.g.
Next data delivery of replacment parts for your router), don't expect
it if you are in the following zip codes:

20006, 20005, 20004, 20001, 20037, 20024, 20003, 20515, 20510, 20433, 20520, 20523, 20052, 20405, 20552.

The US Presidential Inaugural events have been designated a National
Special Security Event.  This means the US Secret Service has been
designated as the lead law enforcement agency for everything in the
area.  FedEx and other truck delivery services will not be allowed in
a large area of Washington DC on Saturday.

Some delivery services will allow you to pick up packages at their
depot.  But then it is up to you to figure out how to get it into the
city.

Sometimes downtown isn't the best location for a Internet POP or colocation
facility :=)

Ya.  When Gore visited Columbus, they got a bit miffed at us being on the
roof of our datacenter.  They didn't want to hear any excuses like "we're
installing a microwave shot, leave us alone!"

I guess using the Remmington nail-gun to sink anchors into the brick
didn't impress them.

Pointing at the B___ disposal unit and laughing probably didn't help
matters either.

---
John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc