nanog mailing list archives

Netflow bug on 3-GE cards (Trident) in Cisco GSRs

From: Dani Roisman <dani () roisman com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 15:32:18 -0700

Hey folks,

Sharing some knowledge to try and save frustration.  I think this is on-topic, forgive me if it isn't.

We were struggling to get netflow to work on our 3-port GigE cards in our GSRs.  I'll spare you the ugly details, but a
few maintenance windows and many useless TAC calls later, we finally were directed to the following Cisco Bug ID:
CSCdu72555

Turns out you can only run netflow on the first port of a 3-GigE port on the current S-tract software rev.  If you
have been struggling with this as well, I'm eager to hear about it off-list.

Have a great weekend.

- Dani