nanog mailing list archives

Re: DNS - Bind database

From: Patrick Greenwell <patrick () cybernothing org>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 11:22:02 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, David Hares wrote:

I'm looking for a database to drive creation of the BIND config and zone
files.  I've been doing it for years myself, but have turned it over to
Customer Service, who cannot seem to get the concept of maintaining forward
and reverse mapping.  I run BIND 8 on Solaris, so something that runs under
Solaris (not MickeySoft) is preferable. Both web and local shell database
modification is definitely a plus.  I'd rather not reinvent the wheel by
programming this myself.

I haven't used it personally, but ProBIND looks like it will do what you
want(and it's free.) http://probind.sourceforge.net