nanog mailing list archives

Re: Statements against new.net?

From: Shawn McMahon <smcmahon () eiv com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 10:05:15 -0500

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 06:57:24AM -0800, mdevney () teamsphere com wrote:

I don't know what your job entails, but my job description includes the
phrase "keeping the network and all associated servers and services
functional."  Which means, among other things, making sure DNS
works.  Were I to go with new.net, I would be remiss in my duties
and should (though I probably wouldn't) be fired.

I buy that as a reason for you not to use them, and I buy that as a reason
for me not to use them.

I don't buy it as a reason to make what they're doing illegal, which is
what a few in this discussion are advocating.

That'd be like making IPX illegal, because it prevents those machines
from properly interoperating with TCP/IP.