nanog mailing list archives

RE: E-mail vs. FTP -- ***RTF RFC***

From: owen () dixon delong sj ca us (Owen DeLong)
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 07:18:21 -0700

I fight FUD almost every day.  The reason FUD succeeds is because
people who know better are too lazy to fight it.  Sure, it seems easier
at the time, but in the long run, it just makes all of our lives harder.

If you give a mouse a cookie, it will come back for a glass of milk.

Owen

One of my clients, a largish dot-com, tried this ... resounding lack of
success. The end-user community did NOT like it when an email arrived with
links. They were too afraid that the link might point to a virus, among
other things (yeah, I know, but YOU try fighting FUD for a while).