nanog mailing list archives

Re: More Assistance available

From: Strata Rose Chalup <strata () virtual net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 10:53:08 -0700

I've added Rob's new site (tx, Rob!) to the list I'm keeping, which
so far includes just that site, the WSTA site, and the Nanog archives.

http://kgate.virtual.net/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi?action=Browse&id=TechAssistance

I'm also mirroring the major infrastructure updates by Sean D and
others as they come out, including the rumor control updates and
press releases.  Please feel free to cc any material directly to
me as well.

http://kgate.virtual.net/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi?action=Browse&id=TelecomInfoforISPs

SRC

Rob Pickering wrote:

I'm sitting on the other side of the Atlantic, able to offer little
practical assistance (although I do know of a couple of spare racks in
Telehouse London which we would be happy to host servers etc in, and I
can provide local (to London) and remote UNIX sysadmin).

What I have done though is spend a few hours putting together a site at:
http://www.sourcedest.org/resourcelist.rhtm
to help coordinate some of the help offers.

Anyone can sign up to post offers of assistance which are then listed on
the site.

I'll add some smarts to the listings page later today/tomorrow to do
searching by skill/service/location etc, but it's there to start
populating up now.

I'm very happy to crunch through the various offers posted to this list
and paste them into the DB, but I'm not sure about how the folks who
posted them would feel about me copying their nanog posts.

Please mail me off-list if you want me to do this, or go to the site,
sign up, and post it there yourself.

--
        Rob Pickering.

jeff () digitalpipe net wrote:

Folks, As you begin rebuilding in NY and DC, I'd also like to offer up my
assistance to anyone who can use it.  I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area, but
would be happy to do anything I can to help you remotely.  I'm quite familiar
with Cisco, Sun and x86.  Reply off list if there's anything I can do.

-Jeff

--
Strata Rose Chalup [KF6NBZ]                      strata "@" virtual.net
VirtualNet Consulting                            http://www.virtual.net/