nanog mailing list archives

Re: Network problems around Mae-West/San Jose CA

From: Clayton Fiske <clay () bloomcounty org>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 21:34:27 -0700

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 12:20:24AM -0400, Sean Donelan wrote:
A few network providers seem to be having trouble with MAE-West
in San Jose (I believe MAE-West ATM). The providers I can see, don't
have problems reach MAE-West.  I'm not in San Jose, but CalTrans
indicates there is a large fire near the Capital City Expressway
in San Jose.  Does anyone know if the fire nicked some fibers
in the area.

(that's Capitol Expressway, FYI)

Well, we (AS12050) have no connectivity problems to MAE-West ATM
(or PBNAP or PAIX) and haven't even lost any peers at any of those
locations in the past 24 hours.

Of course, YMMV.

-c