nanog mailing list archives

Re: Operational Issues with 69.0.0.0/8...

From: "Joel Baker" <lucifer () lightbearer com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:37:28 -0700

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 06:24:42AM -0800, Vadim Antonov wrote:

There's a big difference: address allocation (and key distribution) is
off-line, and is not involved in operation of the routing system.
Its failure doesn't cause network malfunction, just aggravation of new
customers.

Hmmmm. Didn't this entire thread start with "just aggravation of new
customers" - to wit, folks in 69/8 having problems reaching places with
filters that haven't been updated?

s/filters that haven't been updated/key databases that have not been
updated/, and it looks like we're right back where we started...
--
lucifer () lightbearer com              http://users.lightbearer.com/lucifer/