nanog mailing list archives

Re: Stop it with putting your e-mail body in ATT attachments. Its annoying and no one can see your message

From: Scott Francis <darkuncle () darkuncle net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 08:17:08 -0700

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 04:41:46PM -0600, mike () rockynet com said:

John Palmer wrote:

I know this is off the current subject., but some of you are sending
these e-mail's to the list that appear as attachments and not text.

Agreed, that is annoying.

It appears to be the result of PGP signed messages, from every instance I
can see:
[snip]

It is. I know mutt, at least, switched to the PGP/MIME attachment style of
signatures from the old ASCII-armored messages a few versions back. I
personally liked the old style better, but the new one appears to be
compliant to the current MIME standards.

I'm willing to accept a bit of annoyance in order to promote standards
compliance. If only Microsoft was thus motivated.
--
-= Scott Francis || darkuncle (at) darkuncle (dot) net =-
  GPG key CB33CCA7 has been revoked; I am now 5537F527