nanog mailing list archives

OT: Advice needed on dialup problems - TCP corruption? (windows users)

From: "Jeffrey Wheat" <jeff () nt cetlink net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 14:43:15 -0400

Good day everyone,

        I am seeing a strange problem on my network lately after adding a new terminal server, a Lucent MAX TNT with
madd modems in it. The symptoms are that users can connect, they can ping and traceroute without any trouble. Anything
that is TCP based however is failing. In some cases, disabling software compression fixes the problem for a short
period of time. I am not experienced enough with the MAX TNT units to know how to debug the TCP packets as they come
from the user. I am running 10.0.0 TAOS on the unit. Can anyone please offer some advice or suggestions? I am too young
to go bald :)

Cheers,
Jeffrey

---