nanog mailing list archives

Re: KPNQwest ns.eu.net server.

From: John Payne <john () sackheads org>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 13:52:22 -0700

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 11:48:24AM -0700, Gary E. Miller wrote:
Yo John!

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, John Payne wrote:

Don't even get me started on typos in the delegation records at the TLD
servers (entered by the registrants at least)  there are currently 112
domains in .com alone with at least one incorrect NS record pointing at
my nameservers.

There is an easy tool I use to fix that.  Just put up a zone file for
them on your NS that points their www to www.playboy.com.  This gets
action fast!

Not when the domains are just registered for cybersquatting (the other
problem).  I have done something similar to what you suggest (but without
targetting an innocent thirdparty)... see http://www.chairtime.com/ as
an example.

The abuse and legal threats were amusing to start with, but they're getting
boring now - I'd much rather just pull the glue records and break those
domains hard (nothing legitimate has ever been on those nameservers)