nanog mailing list archives

Re: remember the "diameter of the internet"?

From: "Pawlukiewicz Jane" <pawlukiewicz_jane () bah com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 14:02:53 -0400

ohmygod.

Not the engineer vs cs argument again. There was a time they were one
and the same beast.

Of course. I'm dating myself.

Jane

Jeff Harper wrote:

On Tue, 2002-06-18 at 12:34, brett watson wrote:

no, just lamenting the passing of an era.  an era where we engineers
cooperated, and "just fixed" the problems as they occured.  and we didn't
do things like this.

Keep in mind the reason why the era passed.  During that era, you had
top level, blue sky engineers.  Now the field has been saturated by a
lot of less than desirable "engineers" out there (not calling you one at
all) that ruined it for us all...