nanog mailing list archives

Re: How important is IM? was RE: How important is the PSTN

From: Scott Francis <darkuncle () darkuncle net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 20:42:50 -0700

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 11:33:55PM +0100, DaveHowe () gmx co uk said:
Doug Barton wrote:
Would a secure (probably via SSL) chat client be considered a valuable
item in this sphere? (Note, blatant self interest involved in this
question, feel free to respond off list.)
Jabber can do SSL for IM, and there is an irc-like encrypted chat called
silc.

You may also want to examine one of the several IRC hacks that incorporate
SSL. The one I occasionally visit is suidnet <http://www.suidnet.org>.
--
-= Scott Francis || darkuncle (at) darkuncle (dot) net =-
  GPG key CB33CCA7 has been revoked; I am now 5537F527