nanog mailing list archives

RE: How do I log on while in flight?

From: "Leigh Anne Chisholm" <lachisho () tnc com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 15:20:05 -0600

Since when did any Canadian Federal Government department do anything that
corresponds with the policy of other Canadian Federal departments? (-:

I know several pilots that have left their phones on while in flight - or that
have used them "because they can".  They haven't experienced the effects
others in the US have reported - and again, likely due to the less-dense
nature of the Canadian cellular network.

You found something in the AIP?  Well yes, I found that too, but these days
that's been the ONLY thing I've been able to find.  Oh... I'm longing for the
good ol' days (pre-"CARS").

  -- Leigh Anne Chisholm
     Network Engineer
     Applied Design Networks