nanog mailing list archives

Re: Exodus/C&W Depeering

From: Richard A Steenbergen <ras () e-gerbil net>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 19:58:40 -0500

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 07:31:52PM -0500, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:

Are we talking AS_Path attributes here?  If so, all this means
is that now we don't announce OTHER BACKBONE routes to C&W/EXODUS,
which we probably weren't doing anyway.

Actually, it also mean a reduction in the possible paths presented to my
router for computation.  Some would say this is a good thing.  Me, I like
having multiple choices / redundancy.  Better to have two ways to get to
EXDS than one.  IMHO, of course.

In my experience, the odds of any given path sucking are far greater than
the odds of that path going away. Therefore I would rather have one path
which doesn't suck than two paths which may.

--
Richard A Steenbergen <ras () e-gerbil net>       http://www.e-gerbil.net/ras