nanog mailing list archives

Re: China's cable firms fight deadly turf war

From: Scott Francis <darkuncle () darkuncle net>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 08:16:45 -0700

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 12:54:36AM -0400, sean () donelan com said:
[snip]
type. They work for one of the many rival telecom companies who are laying
their own cables. He calls for backup, but the five colleagues who arrive
within minutes are no match for the workers. Soon 20 of them are beating
the 26-year-old patrol rider as a crouches in the grass. His colleagues
flee and he ends up in hospital having stitches in his head."

I bet they wish they only had to worry about backhoes. At least backhoes
won't come after you and beat you senseless. (awaiting stories to the
contrary now ...)

--
Scott Francis                   darkuncle@ [home:] d a r k u n c l e . n e t
Systems/Network Manager          sfrancis@ [work:]         t o n o s . c o m