nanog mailing list archives

Re: Open relays and open proxies

From: "Jeffrey Race" <jrace () attglobal net>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 13:22:13 +0700

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 09:03:15 -0700 (PDT), Joe St Sauver wrote:

approach, you'll need to convince AS9929's upstreams, Sprint and Cable
and
Wireless, to pull the plug (which they probably won't do) or at least
convince them to enforce an acceptable use policy on their customers
(which

You can *eventually* get Sprint to shut down offenders, but you
have to be extremely persistent and you have to get the name of
a human at the firm.   I never managed to do via their abuse
function.  I succeeded when I found a Sprint human on a discussion
group, whom I shamed into contacting the abusedroids internally.
It still took weeks :(

Jeffrey Race