nanog mailing list archives

Re: What do you want your ISP to block today?

From: Matthew Palmer <mjp16 () ieee uow edu au>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 11:56:47 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Sean Donelan wrote:

Which Microsoft protocols should ISP's break today?  Microsoft Exchange?
Microsoft file sharing?  Microsoft Plug & Play?  Microsoft SQL/MSDE?
Microsoft IIS?

All of the above.  <g>

He added that ISPs have the view and ability to prevent en-masse
attacks. "All these attacks traverse their networks before they reach
you and me. If they would simply stop attack traffic that has been
identified and accepted as such, we'd all sleep better," Cooper said.

Bwahahaha.  Ghod I love a good comedian.

Having recently pulped my head against the wall of a "network provider" too
clueless to provision decent IP connectivity, the last thing I want is to
have the ISP unilaterally decide what they're going to do with my packets.

--
#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer, Geek In Residence