nanog mailing list archives

RE: new nasty email virus trick to bypass scanners

From: Henry Linneweh <hrlinneweh () sbcglobal net>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 09:52:10 -0800 (PST)

It takes a good combination of both ISP and end user to fight spam, I have a tool
in this editor for reading msg that allows me to tag a spammer and block the '
user@host that gets by the isp scan tool.

Common sense, in these times shows you to not open emails from strangers
especially with *.zip files unless they are coming from a known party based on
some kind of dialog prior to it being sent and received.

-Henry