nanog mailing list archives

Re: Always renew your domain names

From: Luca Filipozzi <lucaf+nanog () ece ubc ca>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 09:38:38 -0800

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 12:29:49PM -0500, Matt Levine wrote:
It is absolutely a lapsed domain issue.  The authoritive (arpa)
servers for the netblock in question (and several other bell blocks)
are taz and pluto.bell-nexxia.net

My mistake; replied too hastily.

I registered it last year (after getting sick of waiting for lookups
to timeout on traceroutes), created the proper glue records to the
original NS's and tried to give it back to bell via all available
channels, nobody seemed to care, so I let it expire.

I would hope that this would get their attention, but after your
attempt, I won't hold my breath.  Thanks for clarifying.

--
Luca Filipozzi, ECE Dept. IT Manager, University of British Columbia
gpgkey 5A827A2D - A149 97BD 188C 7F29 779E  09C1 3573 32C4 5A82 7A2D