nanog mailing list archives

Re: Level3 routing issues?

From: alex () yuriev com
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 16:16:00 -0500 (EST)

That's fine for a non-MS view of the world (admittedly, a view I prefer),
but then you've got to allow TCP 138/139 to all the MS servers in your
organisation (why couldn't they seperate auth from file sharing from...).
And then whatever protocols Outlook uses to talk to your
Exchange servers (and if I understand it correctly, that might be more than
one to get to Public Folders, etc). And then SAP. And then Business App A.
And the Business App B. And...  And...

Again, but why does it talk to the outside world unsupervised?  Your
organization clearly has a border that separates its internal systems from
external ones. Why not apply those restrictions on *those* borders?

Alex