nanog mailing list archives

Re: OT: level3 contact

From: Richard A Steenbergen <ras () e-gerbil net>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 18:52:11 -0500

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 04:40:49PM -0500, Andy Dills wrote:

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Kris Foster wrote:

Can someone clueful at level3 please contact me about bgp.  We are a
customer, and phone calls and email have failed to get us a contact.

WOW...you're a _customer_ and you can't get somebody on the phone?

'get somebody on the phone' or 'get someone with BGP clue on the phone'

Either and both. I'm sure L3 has people outside of their core engineering
group that understand BGP.

Ok, so maybe he's looking to start running BGP. I could understand not
being able to get somebody on the phone without effort when trying to get
things running the first time (but with multiple emails and calls, it's
still inexcusable). However, if you're already exchanging routes with
them, there's no excuse for not being able to get somebody who understands
BGP on the phone.

Customer install engineers industry-wide are always flakey at best. It
isn't in their job description to be on call 24/7 in case you have an
emergency late-night installation. Besides, it's scarey enough knowing
that they have enable.

--
Richard A Steenbergen <ras () e-gerbil net>       http://www.e-gerbil.net/ras