nanog mailing list archives

Re: DMCA Violation?

From: "Adam Debus" <nanog () delsol net>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 10:29:30 -0700

My questions are:
  1. Can anyone find the provision in any law or ruling that allows the
  ISP to be compensated for the time it takes to accomodate these?

    I've not heard of anything...I would be interested in the answer to this
question as well.

  2. In the instance that the information that ties the IP address to the
  username is removed on a regular basis, what liability do I maintain?
  (read: Is ignorance a viable answer?)

    In reality, you should ask your lawyer that question. My understanding
(I haven't read the bulk of the Code, so take this with a grain of salt) is
that the Complaining Party has a certian amount of time to notify the
carrier/ISP of a violation. It might be worth while looking into setting up
your Radius log to rotate on the timeframe of that notification limit...

Thanks,

Adam Debus
Linux Certified Professional, Linux Certified Administrator #447641
Network Administrator, ReachONE Internet
adam () reachone com