nanog mailing list archives

Re: cooling systems

From: "Robert A. Hayden" <rhayden () geek net>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 11:49:48 -0600 (CST)

I've seen some designs that actually use water as the transport and
many-finned radiators at each end.  Radiator transfer heat into cold water
inside which is pumped up a radiator in the sub-zero temps on the roof and
exchanged and then looped back.

Same basic principle as a traditional residential heat-pump that loops
through the ground 20 feet down or so.

I think using straight air would probably not be as efficient as a
closed-loop water transfer.