nanog mailing list archives

Re: OT: BGP questions

From: Per Gregers Bilse <bilse () networksignature com>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 21:45:44 +0000

Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 16:01:33 -0500 (EST)
From: Charles Sprickman <spork () inch com>
[...]
suggestions?  I'm good with the basics, but I've got a perplexing issue
(just look at AS8059, which is still sucking down most traffic via 6939
rather than 3356, even with all that silly prepending)...

I'll be happy to help offline, just let me know.  Prepending
may or may not make a difference; it provides added "push",
but it's quite weak (ie, low priority in BGP's preference
decision process).

Shameless plug: BENTO (http://www.networksignature.com) would help
you identify hot source ASs; a little further investigation would
then reveal if they route through AS6939 in the general case (though
admittedly that would be strange).

Best,

  -- Per