nanog mailing list archives

Re: abuse from a user of this list

From: Scott Francis <darkuncle () darkuncle net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:15:25 -0700

This kind of vitriol on a public list is immature at best. Please take it
elsewhere.
--
Scott Francis || darkuncle (at) darkuncle (dot) net
      illum oportet crescere me autem minui

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 08:46:43AM -0400, MBooth () corp as26857 com said:
[snip]
What aliases?

Unless the "aliases" you've used include "vixie" and "rbush", I think this
is testament to your being a script kiddie, concealing your identity out
of concern your parents would ground you, or the feds would lock you
up, for publishing articles in 2600 and Phrack Magazine.  I'm all too
familiar with your type.
[snip]
Wouldn't surprise me if you're friends with the attackers too,
considering you seem to wear a black hat as well.
[snip]
I'd like to show some sympathy, but I can't.  You're the one who started
this mess, not them, not anyone else on this list.  Grow up.
[snip]
No, it's for businesses connecting to the internet.  It's not for
businesses doing hosting and other high-traffic applications.
SBC/Ameritech has other services for this.  I'll be following up privately
with their abuse department.