nanog mailing list archives

Re: Lazy network operators

From: Paul Vixie <vixie () vix com>
Date: 14 Apr 2004 04:10:39 +0000

brunner () nic-naa net (Eric Brunner-Williams) writes:

yup. i've been watching today's crop-o-spam. its pretty consistent, within
48 hours of a buy the domain shows up in a body of a spam, and the buy is
for just one year. my business customers almost always throw 10 year buys
at me.

the only people who benefit from the current pricing model are registrars.
if domains cost $300 a year we'd have less than 1% of the number we have now,
but the ones we have would actually get used.  i have never received mail
from a domain ending in .biz that was not spam, for example.
--
Paul Vixie