nanog mailing list archives

Re: Even you can be hacked

From: Henry Linneweh <hrlinneweh () sbcglobal net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:10:33 -0700 (PDT)

Here are a list of very active ports that attempt to
hack into peoples systesm from various parts of the
world China in particular.

I think unassigned ports should be dropped from
routing
tables unless they are registered with the host and or
providers as to their legitimate use....

smpnameres     901/tcp      SMPNAMERES
smpnameres     901/udp     SMPNAMERES
blackjack      1025/tcp    network blackjack
blackjack      1025/udp   network blackjack
cap            1026/tcp   Calender Access Protocol
cap            1026/udp   Calender Access Protocol
exosee         1027/tcp   ExoSee
exosee         1027/udp   ExoSee
#              1124-1154  Unassigned
ssslic-mgr     1203/tcp    License Validation
ssslic-mgr     1203/udp   License Validation
ms-sql-s       1433/tcp   Microsoft-SQL-Server
ms-sql-s       1433/udp   Microsoft-SQL-Server
ms-sql-m       1434/tcp   Microsoft-SQL-Monitor
ms-sql-m       1434/udp   Microsoft-SQL-Monitor
#              6851-6887  Unassigned
monkeycom      9898/tcp   MonkeyCom
monkeycom      9898/udp   MonkeyCom

And I need a list that shows who or what owns Dynamic
and/or Private Ports

-Henry

--- "Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr." <LarrySheldon () cox net>
wrote:

Andy Dills wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr.