nanog mailing list archives

RE: Real-Time Mitigation of Denial of Service Attacks Now Available With AT&T

From: Pekka Savola <pekkas () netcore fi>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 09:55:11 +0300 (EEST)

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, Michel Py wrote:
Jon R. Kibler wrote:
IMHO, there is absolutely no excuse for not doing ingress and
egress filtering. In fact, if you are an ISP, I would argue
that you are negligent in your fiduciary responsibilities to
your customers and shareholders if you are not filtering
source IP addresses.

Hey, I'm all for it. Where's the money and the staff?

set routing-options forwarding-table unicast-reverse-path feasible-paths
set interfaces yy-x/x/x unit 0 family inet rpf-check

What else do you need?

Or did you buy crap that doesn't support (good) uRPF, or even doesn't
support (line-rate) filtering?  Change the vendors and filter at your
core connecting those crappy boxes then.