nanog mailing list archives

RE: Real-Time Mitigation of Denial of Service Attacks Now Available With AT&T

From: "Neil J. McRae" <neil () DOMINO ORG>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 10:39:14 +0100

Simon,

However, the AT&T thing looks like a combination of Arbor
PeakFlow:DoS for automated DoS detection on the network, and
what used to be Riverhead (and now acquired by Cisco) for
"traffic scrubbing" to allow normal traffic to continue to be
passed to nodes under attack.

COLT have been doing this exact same thing in the UK for a while now.

We have been doing it *globally* for over a year now, using Arbor Peakflow
DDOS
and Riverhead Guard, [both of which are excellent products from excellent
vendors [take note Cisco!]].

http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0306/afek.html

is the presentation Nico gave at SLC.

http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB20040428S0006

Guess which site was on the COLT network. We've also protected a large
number
of our customers against the blackmailing pay us 10K or we'll DDOS you type
situations, although few want to press release that type of situation :-)

Regards,
Neil.