nanog mailing list archives

Re: real-time DDoS help?

From: Charles Sprickman <spork () inch com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 14:40:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Jonathan M. Slivko wrote:

Ah....., but, then how can we keep the lamers (i.e. wannabes/non
nanoggers) out effectively? :P

Let me guess, DDoS them away?

IRC is simply the most evil thing ever invented.

BTW, I've actually got two sites that were part of the DDoS to find then
remove servers that were taking part in the attack.  I am pleasantly
surprised.  And kudos to Comcast Business Services for having an
intelligent and effective abuse desk.

Charles

-- Jonathan

andrew matthews wrote:
i thought there was nanog @efnet with a lot of these people on it...
i'm sure there are plenty of chat networks out tehre without having to
start a new one.

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 22:47:52 -0500, Bubba Parker