nanog mailing list archives

Re: Platinum accounts for the Internet (was Re: who offers cheap (personal) 1U colo?)

From: Michael.Dillon () radianz com
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 12:38:58 +0000

I expect every NANOG conference from now on will be filled with
announcements asking people to please fix their computers because
worms are killing the network.  NANOG has less than 500 attendees,
yet has about the same number as infected computers as any other
ad-hoc network population.

Maybe NANOG needs to implement a system where you have to log
in to a web page with your NANOG meeting passcode in order to
get a usable IP address. Then, when an infected computer shows
up we will know exactly whose it was. Might even be interesting
for a researcher to interview every infected party and figure
out why it is happening even among a supposedly clueful group.

--Michael Dillon