nanog mailing list archives

Re: Spammers Skirt IP Authentication Attempts

From: "J.D. Falk" <jdfalk () cybernothing org>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 12:28:12 -0700

On 09/07/04, Paul Jakma <paul () clubi ie> wrote:

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

Also, SPF doesnt tell you whether it is spam.

Of course. It never pretended to do so.

Right, but a lot of seem people to be under the mistaken impression
it will have some effect on spam.

        And every time those people speak up, someone who knows better
        corrects them.  Thus is wisdom gained.

--
J.D. Falk                            "...one of the worst signs of our danger
<jdfalk () cybernothing org>                       is we can't imagine the route