nanog mailing list archives

Re: Verisign vs. ICANN

From: Dan Hollis <goemon () anime net>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 16:01:46 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Matthew Sullivan wrote:
Dan Hollis wrote:
On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Andre Oppermann wrote:
PS: I will patent it myself to prevent Versign from doing this.
Wouldnt it be beautiful if a bunch of people patented the hell out of
various ways to exploit dns wildcarding, thus preventing verisign from
doing anything useful with it at all...
It would only be useful if those people were also in a position to
vigorously defend said patents when (and if) they were infringed.
/ Mat

If the patent is strong enough, wouldnt some patent attorney be willing to
defend it on a contingency basis?

With the potential $$ in a patent violation judgement against verisign, I
would think attorneys would be all over it.

-Dan