nanog mailing list archives

re: Senator Diane Feinstein Wants to know about the Benefits of P2P

From: "David A. Ulevitch" <davidu () everydns net>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 01:33:58 -0700 (PDT)

<quote who="Roland Perry">

I have a solution, but it's expensive. A url for the whole 266MB
download (and not the smaller selective download that Windows Update
would provide). If anyone's that desperate, email me. I only used it
after waiting a week with the "Automatic Updates" switched on, and
nothing arriving.

Microsoft isn't hiding the link:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/6/5/165b076b-aaa9-443d-84f0-73cf11fdcdf8/WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe

linked from:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/winxpsp2.mspx
(well, click "get the service pack" and then "download")

Just because sp2torrent.com is down doesn't mean the rest of the torrent
world is.  Supernova.org seems to have some links to an SP2 torrent or
two.

as usual, ymmv,
davidu

   David A. Ulevitch - Founder, EveryDNS.Net
   http://david.ulevitch.com -- http://everydns.net