nanog mailing list archives

Re: Telcordia report on ICANN .net RFP Evaluation

From: Edward Lewis <Ed.Lewis () neustar biz>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 10:22:12 -0500

At 8:48 +0530 3/30/05, someone wrote:

Telcordia ranking VRSN way ahead does seem to be raising some hackles here

Telcordia did not rank VRSN "way ahead" of the rest.

Being that I work for one of the bidding teams (Sentan), I merely want to point out that the above statement is untrue. Below are two quotes from the report that contradict "way ahead."

From the report's section 1.2 (Executive Summary of the Findings):

          "The evaluators find that all of the vendors have the
           capability to run the .NET registry."

and later in the section,

          "VeriSign has a small numerical edge over Sentan that
           is not statistically significant given the methodology
           used to rate the RFP responses."

I encourage concerned folks to draw opinions from reading the report itself, at least the executive summary.

Here is the link to the ICANN page announcing the report:
http://www.icann.org/announcements/announcement-28mar05.htm

And the report itself:
http://www.icann.org/tlds/dotnet-reassignment/net-rfp-finalreport-28mar05.pdf

FYI, For discussions on the evaluation report, ICANN's web page says:

ICANN Opens Public Comment Forum on .NET Evaluators' Report

--
NeuStar

Achieving total enlightenment has taught me that ignorance is bliss.