nanog mailing list archives

Re: Hotmail-- Again??

From: Suresh Ramasubramanian <ops.lists () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 08:01:58 +0530

On 4/13/05, Nachman Yaakov Ziskind <awacs () ziskind us> wrote:

No? I've configured Lookout often to deliver mail, direct to MX.
Perhaps you mean, "In the absence of Exchange ..."

That outlook sends via exchange is moot .. exchange is an MTA that
supports some closed protocols other than smtp.

What I am talking about is doing remote delivery - looking up an MX
record, making a smtp connection to the remote host and delivering
mail.

Not handing off mail to a configured smarthost (whether smtp or some
other protocol is moot) is not "direct to MX"

--srs

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists () gmail com)