nanog mailing list archives

Re: /8 end user assignment?

From: "Christopher L. Morrow" <christopher.morrow () mci com>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 22:18:13 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, Daniel Roesen wrote:

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 07:35:24PM +0100, Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:
2. We know cable companies, dsl providers and mobile companies can use
this many IPs, but they generally seem to make use of NAT and IPv6.

So you ask folks to resort to hacks like NAT or force IPv6-only to their
users when there is still a lack-of-content problem there? Can you show
me your business plan draft for that? I'm curious. :-)

I meant to ask this at a nanog or this IETF... why don't some of the
larger content providers (google, msn, yahoo, to name 3 examples) put AAAA
records in for their maint content pieces? why don't they get v6
connectivity from their providers (that offer such services) ? There are
starting to be more and more folks with v6 connectivity... it'd be
interesting as a way to drive usage on v6, eh?

BTW, Softbank got 2400:2000::/20.

holy freeholy! good thing v6 space is 'infinite' eh? :)

-Chris