nanog mailing list archives

Re: zotob - blocking tcp/445

From: "Christopher L. Morrow" <christopher.morrow () mci com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 19:34:16 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:44:27 CDT, "Church, Chuck" said:

***  Rules are going to be different for residential vs. business
customers.  Business customers who aren't on crack probably know better
to block netbios in and out.

Whatever happened to the War On Drugs, anyhow? :)

I think you're overestimating the security clue of most businesses.  I'd
*love* to be proved wrong by somebody citing a credible survey indicating that
most businesses *are* Getting It Right....

I think Sean Donelan had a survey he quoted a few months ago saying that
most enterprises are still the den of iniquity... but I could have that
backwards.