nanog mailing list archives

Re: Vonage complains about VoIP-blocking

From: Daniel Golding <dgolding () burtongroup com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:18:01 -0500

Why block TFTP at your borders? To keep people from loading new versions of
IOS on your routers? ;)

Not trying to be flippant, but what's the basis for this?

- Dan

On 2/15/05 1:45 PM, "Eric Gauthier" <eric () roxanne org> wrote:

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 11:53:59AM -0600, Adi Linden wrote:
How is this any different then blocking port 25 or managing the bandwidth
certain applications use.

Something else to consider.  We block TFTP at our border for security reasons
and we've found that this prevents Vonage from working.  Would this mean that
LEC's can't block TFTP?

Eric :)