nanog mailing list archives

RE: My yearly post about environmental monitoring devices

From: "David Hares" <dhares () hickoryhill-consulting com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 14:57:10 -0500

Sensatronics (www.sensatronics.com) makes a unit (Model E16) that does a, b
with easy to add jumpers, c,d, and e.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanog () merit edu [mailto:owner-nanog () merit edu] On
Behalf Of Alex Rubenstein
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 1:12 AM
To: nanog () nanog org
Subject: My yearly post about environmental monitoring devices

I'm sure if you peruse the archives, you'll see that I post
about this about every year. The answer to your question is
'No, I haven't found what I am looking for yet.'

However, the quest I am on is slightly different.

I am looking for a device that meets the following criteria.

a) Reasonably small. This probably wouldn't be rack mounted;
it'd be wall mounted, desk mounted, celing mounted, etc.

b) Powered by PoE.

c) Is SNMPable over Ethernet. NOT RS232 or serial, or
anything archaic like that. Not MODBUS. It's 2004, people.

d) Provides Temperature and Humidity.

e) Has 4 or so input contact sensors (connections to AC units, etc.)

f) Has 4 or so output contact sensors.

Help.

-- Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, alex () nac net, latency, Al Reuben --
--    Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net   --