nanog mailing list archives

Re: $50,000 reward for Verizon cable cutter

From: Nathan Allen Stratton <nathan () robotics net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:58:04 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Hannigan, Martin wrote:

I know how to cut those cables from experience. A customer isn't showing up
with a battery powered Makita to do it. And they don't know where to cut to
do max damage. If they were cutting SLC splice boxes, sure. Not this. IMHO.
These cuts indicate knowledge. I may be wrong. @shrug@

You have not talked to enough ISPs who have been killed by the ILECs. They
know what to do... I am not defending them in any way, it is wrong, but
they have a lot of customers who have clue to get back at them if they are
ticked off.

-Nathan