nanog mailing list archives

Re: panix.com hijacked

From: "Steven M. Bellovin" <smb () cs columbia edu>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 23:24:46 -0500

In message <200501160008.j0G08bTI033830 () nic-naa net>, Eric Brunner-Williams in
Portland Maine writes:

If I were Panix ...

Free advice. Bruce, Cliff and Chuck are people. Yes, even Chuck is a people.
You want prompt service, you ask nice and you ask the right people and you
don't assume there are facts not in evidence, like errors or malfeasence,
when you could be solving the problem, before the facts could be in evidence.

Agreed.  At the moment, we don't know all the details of what happened;
what's important is for Panix to get back on the air.  We can sort out
the blame later, when we have all the facts.

                --Prof. Steven M. Bellovin, http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb