nanog mailing list archives

Re: Tracking spoofed routes?

From: Arife Vural <arife () ripe net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 11:23:06 +0100

Alternately, are there any existing mechanisms for
monitoring route
announcements which can provide near real-time alerting when any
prefixes within specific subnet ranges are announced?

    Not that I know of. You can log into
    route-views.routeviews.org and use the cli to watch it,
    but that is a manual process.

    Hope this helps,

    Dave

To my knowledge, the myas-tool/-service from RIPE NCC is kind of doing what
you like to achive.

MyASN is working on user-based. To get the alarm for unexpected routing patterns, you
should set it up an account beforehand.

I think for Kevin's situation, we have other tools. One is called, "Search by Prefix"
and other one is BGPlay. Both tools are running over last 3 months routing data.

URL for those tools,

http://www.ris.ripe.net/cgi-bin/risprefix.cgi
http://www.ris.ripe.net/bgplay/

Arife