nanog mailing list archives

Re: Boing Boing: Michael Lynn's controversial Cisco security presentat ion

From: Erik Haagsman <erik () we-dare net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 22:18:18 +0200

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 19:06, Daniel Golding wrote:

I hope the leadership at Cisco reflects on this incident and will utilize
different tactics the next time this happens. Similarly, I hope the
cybersecurity folks in our governments realize that, while a strong
relationship with vendors is essential, they must recognize that vendors
have different goals than they do.

Perhaps more importantly, ISS should try to get it's act together and
realise they let a highly skilled and motivated researcher go over
political issues that should have never influenced a true security
driven company in their decision making.
How on earth are you gonna try to maintain the image of an independent
security company after a clear case of politics and behind-the-scenes
shennenigans like these...?

Erik

--
---