nanog mailing list archives

Re: Administration Asks Appeals Court To Compel ISP Searches

From: Jason Frisvold <xenophage0 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 14:53:10 -0400

On 5/31/05, Fergie (Paul Ferguson) <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:
Worth knowing how this all falls out, methinks.

http://www.securitypipeline.com/163702151

Am I understanding this correctly?  Are they trying to get ISP's to
release all customer information up front without any sort of legal
request?  I don't have a problem releasing information asked for in a
subpeona, but to turn over an entire customer list without any
specific criminal charges having been files is a little much.

Please tell me I'm misreading this...

- ferg

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold