nanog mailing list archives

Re: (de)peering

From: Robert E.Seastrom <rs () seastrom com>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 08:43:32 -0400

Pekka Savola <pekkas () netcore fi> writes:

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 bmanning () vacation karoshi com wrote:
     er... the first depeering flaps have -already- occured in IPv6
     space.  there are several (mostly EU-based) ISPs that refuse to
     peer w/ folks using 3ffe:: space and/or filter that prefix.

Which is probably a GOOD thing, right?

Considering that today we're exactly 8 months from the putative
"phase-out" day for 3ffe:: I certainly think that's a Good Thing.

ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3701.txt

                                        ---Rob