nanog mailing list archives

Re: AOL whitelisting - a heads-up and a request for assistance

From: Bill Stewart <nonobvious () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 13:53:17 -0700

In re-applying for whitelisting, I do see that AOL requires a
minimum of 100 emails/month to maintain a whitelist entry.  This
is new to me, and would be worth nothing for others who may be
adding or removing servers.

Sounds like an obvious motivation for any big mailing list vendor to get an
AOL consumer account and subscribe it to a dummy list with 4-5 messages/day,
or perhaps more often if you want to do more dynamic monitoring...
----
             Thanks;     Bill

Note that this isn't my regular email account - It's still experimental so far.
And Google probably logs and indexes everything you send it.