nanog mailing list archives

Re: Tools classifying network traffic to applications

From: Joe Shen <joe_hznm () yahoo com sg>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 11:51:46 +0800 (CST)

hi,

Christopher L. Morrow wrote:

which can't really tell bittorrent (or ssh or aim
or...) over tcp/80 from
http over tcp/80... I think Joe's looking for
something that knows what
protocols look like below the port number and can
spit out numbers for
that... these, it would seem to me, would all
require in-line traffic
capture or mirrored port (mirrored traffic, not
necessarily an ethernet
port mirror) to be effective.

Yes, that's what I want-- Find out what application
use what protocol and what number, then apply that
result to netflow analysis system which could be used
to get statistics of multiple sites.

We can do that up to 2Gbps; http://www.rommon.com/
, BitTorrent, KaZaa,
eDonkey, HTTP, etc. supported.

It seems to focus on P2P application. Is there tool to
support applications as more as possible( include p2p,
voip, web, ftp, network game, etc. )

regards

Joe

Send instant messages to your online friends http://asia.messenger.yahoo.com