nanog mailing list archives

Re: Philly Carrier Hotels?

From: Robert E.Seastrom <rs () seastrom com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:03:13 -0400

401 North Broad, not West Broad - Broad runs N/S.

It's not comparable with 60 Hudson, more like 165 Halsey, both in
quality of the installation and character of the neighborhood.

Haven't been in 1 Wilshire.

401 North Broad is "the" carrier hotel in Philly though...  unless
you're using Amtrak fiber in which case there was some space at 30th
St. Station last I checked.

                                        ---Rob

Robert Boyle <robert () tellurian com> writes:

Hello all,

Is  401 West Broad in Philadelphia equivalent to 1 Wilshire, 60
Hudson, 165 Halsey, 55 Market Post Tower, the Westin Building, etc? or
is it much smaller? I have been given this address as THE carrier
hotel for the Philadelphia area by one of our fiber providers. I would
appreciate it if anyone who is familiar can give me any additional
info. I need to build out a new POP in PA in May and I want to be in
the right building. All suggestions are welcome. I really like TelX
and Telehouse models with lots of carriers and no MRC on x
connections. I'll gladly buy you a Philly cheesesteak when I'm there
for any advice or info you can provide. Thanks!

-Robert

http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin